On this episode, we take a look at what it means to be an emotionally balanced horse trainer and go over the five emotional skills you need to get there:
The only way we can do the more advanced exercises with our horses and reach and stay on top is to remember to touch bottom and get back to basics.
🔹 Basic exercises. 🔹 Basic concepts. 🔹 Basic aids.
It’s always about doing the basic things much, much, much better. Building a good foundation matters most, and often our biggest breakthroughs come when we trip away all the fancy and get back to basics.
In Weekly ST, we’ll reconnect with Straightness Training at its most elemental level and discover the power of:
- Isolating the basics
- Integrating the basics
- Improvising with the basics
With good basics you’ll have endless options! 🌀
Too many of us have decided that our mission in life is to be happy all the time and that our horse should be happy all the time.
But instead of helping you to find this magical land of always happy and positive, I want to offer you to be human and balanced.
In this episode of Weekly ST, you’ll discover:
- The benefits of all shades of emotions and how to experience and embrace the discomfort of growth.
- Why the idea of happiness could actually be robbing you of living a life with your horse where you evolve and fulfill your purpose.
We will never have to tell our horse that we are sad, happy, confident, angry, or relax. He already knows – long before we do!
In this episode of Weekly ST, you’ll discover the 5 simple but very insightful steps to master your emotions.
Once you include them all, you will be much more productive in the training sessions with your horse:
Topics we’re going to discuss in this episode are:
- The 3 brains of a human being: the reptilian brain, the mammal brain, and the celebral cortex
- The difference between the crocodile brain and the Sherlock Holmes brain
- How our thoughts influence our emotions
- There are no good and bad emotions
- There are only useful and unuseful emotions
- The difference between reacting and responding
- The 5 holes we fall into
- The power of meaning
Missed today’s Weekly ST Live? I talked about the difference between the telling style, the coaching style and the hand-over style. Which is best and what are the benefits and drawbacks? You’ll find out what direction you should be looking to go, so that you can create a customized training solution for your horse