It’s the first week of October, so we’re gearing up to teach our big annual ST Masterclass.
In the previous years, we did a 4-part video training series with downloads and other goodies…. and it was 100% free.
And this year’s version is going to be even better!
In this video, you can hear all about it:
In about 3 weeks, we’ll do the LIVE ST Masterclass.
I’ll do it as 4 live training sessions over about 12 days.
In the live sessions, I’m going to walk you through how to train your horse – of course using Straightness Training.
And full transparency here, at the end of the free LIVE Masterclass, I’ll open up my yearly class in the ST Academy, which is very exciting:
What’s Your Goal?
First of all, we look at:
- “What do you want from your horse? What’s your goal?”
That might sound a little like, “Well why do you bother with that? I just want to do ST.”
But there’s lots of different reasons to do Straightness Training and that will impact your STrategy.
- Some people might be more interested in doing happy trail rides.
- Some people might be more interested in doing dressage in a harmonious way.
- Some people might be more interested in becoming an instructor because they want to have the greatest impact – reaching the largest number of people.
- Some people want to get rid of riding problems and achieve physical balance.
- Some people want to get rid of behavioral issues and achieve mental and emotional balance.
So there are a lot of different possible goals or outcomes.
Then we move into qualities.
What Are Your Qualities?
What are your qualities in terms of:
- Years of experience with horses.
- Knowledge when it comes to training animals.
- Working your horse at liberty.
- Tool handling from the ground.
- And so on.
There are lots of different qualities you can bring to the table.
And you want to look at that complete list of qualities so you know
- Your strengths
- Your opportunities for growth
So we’re going to look at what is your starting point:
What are your goals and what are your qualities?
Making A Positive Difference For Your Horse
Then, one of the biggest things, of course, is to take a look at your horse:
- What breed is your horse?
- Is your horse a baroque type?
- A gaited horse?
- Does he have low, medium or high energy?
- Is she sensitive and spooky?
- Stubborn and pushy?
Once we know this, we can ask ourselves:
“Okay, what’s the positive difference I want to make for my horse?”
And then, of course:
“What do I have to change to make that possible?”
Now a lot of times people get a sort of obsessed with doing things perfectly.
But usually, your way of training will evolve as you get into Straightness Training, because the cornerstone of ST is having a lot of interaction with your horse.
And in that interaction, you’ll often get a lot of feedback from your horse, a lot of extra information, a lot of extra intelligence, a lot of extra wisdom and insight into what your horse really need.
Then, you can tweak your work and change your approach until you get the outcome you’re after.
Live Masterclass Starting Soon
It’s now two years ago that we did a free training and so far we used four videos.
And this year it’s the first time we do everything LIVE – that’s because it’s just more exciting when it’s live.
I will be teaching for 6 to 8 hours of free content during the LIVE Masterclass before I actually open the doors to the ST Academy.
Since 2009, I’m doing live coaching sessions with our official ST Students, and with this LIVE Masterclass, we’re going to do something similar.
It’s going to be completely live all the way through.
I’ll have a link for you to sign up in the next week or two – it’s coming in week 42.
Scroll down and leave a comment for me if you’d like.
Tell me if you’ve been through one of my free training videos or webinars in the past – and if you got any value from it, love to hear that.
Otherwise, let’s go get ‘em this fourth quarter of the year!