ST Instructor B
- Zaneta Georgiades, South Africa (Pretoria)
- Rebecca Gilbert, UK (Cambridgeshire) –> Also teaches in the US, Italy, Germany and the Netherlands
ST Instructors D
- Carolin Moldenhauer, Germany (Mid) –> Also teaches in the USA and other places
- Roz Richmond, UK (Wiltshire) –> Also teaches in Ireland
- Miriam Sherman, Germany (South) –> Also teaches in Italy, Czechia, Poland and other places
- Kim Steutel, Netherlands (Noord Holland) –> Also teaches in Canada, Denmark, Finland, France
- Anouk Wienia, Netherlands (Friesland) –> Also teaches in the Nordic countries
ST Instructors E
- Dora Hebrock, USA (Ohio) –> Also teaches in Canada and Austria
- Rosan Veer, Netherlands (Utrecht) –> Also teaches in Belgium
ST Instructors F
- Wendy Poore, UK (Herefordshire)
ST Instructors G
- Juliana Dorneles, Brazil
- Victor Gueiros Freire, Brazil (Espirito Santo, Guarapari) –> Also teaches in Colombia, Argentina
In order to protect the quality of services provided by ST Instructors, a professional network of licenced ST Instructors has been introduced in 2015: the ST Instructor Network (STIN).
ST Trainee Instructors 2018-2019
- Christy Morley (UK)
Experiences from ST Instructors
ST Instructor Program
Marijke de Jong’s Straightness Training Academy aims to form a world wide professional group of loyal and dedicated horse trainers and instructors to the cause of improving health, joy and beauty in working with horses based on the principles of Straightness Training.
The Straightness Training Academy consists of the ST Mastery program, the ST Evaluation program and the ST Instructor Program. Students who have been personally successful as a horse trainer in ST Mastery, can also develop the didactic side of their profession in the ST Instructor Program.
Our ST Academy has been audited and acknowledged by the “Central Register for short term Vocational Education” (CRKBO) which has been established in cooperation with the Dutch government.
Terms & Conditions
Only licensed ST Instructors® are allowed to use Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong® logos, photographs, illustrations, graphic material, (trade) names and the intellectual property of Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong® . Non-licensed instructors (ST Instructor Graduates* and Dutch ‘Instructors Rechtrichten’ 2007-2015**) are allowed to refer in their CV’s to their education and diplomas obtained by following Marijke de Jong’s teaching programs.
Commercial and/or official ST gatherings like events, workshops, clinics, need to be held under supervision of a licensed ST Instructor® to ensure that quality standards are met, and to protect the purity of Marijke de Jong’s Straightness Training method for the benefit of the horse and rider.
It’s not allowed to organize commercial and/or official gatherings in which approaches similar to Marijke de Jong’s Straightness Training are being practiced and taught, while using Marijke de Jong’s logos, trademarks, pictures, drawings and other visual expressions of the Straightness Training philosophy. It requires the presence of an official licensed ST instructor® to do so.
Private and non-commercial gatherings of enthusiastic ST lovers who are figuring out what ST can mean to them, are a sole responsibility of those who organize these gatherings.
ST Demos with a horse on live happenings and events in front of an audience can only be given by an ST Instructors with a licence A, B or C.
The licensed ST Instructors® listed on this website are trained and licensed by Marijke de Jong. They are independent entrepreneurs with their own privately owned companies. These licensed ST Instructors® are a member of the Straightness Training Instructor Network (STIN) and work together to spread and develop ST around the world.
* Graduates from the international ST Instructor Program
Between 2015 and 2018, our international ST Instructor Program has certified 20 ST Instructors. These ST Instructors have received a diploma as an official certificate, and they ave been certified in the five training pillars of ST: groundwork, longeing, work in hand, riding and liberty, all conform the ‘old’ 2015 standard – standard 1.0. – of the ST Evaluation Program (see FAQ 25 and 29 in the ST Evaluation FAQ).
The following instructors have successfully completed the ST Instructor Program 2015, and have received a diploma as an official certificate. These certified instructors (in alphabetical order) will offer their own range of teachings – including the 5 training pillars – under the umbrella of their own personal label:
- Meg Brauch – Diploma Grade 2 in 2015 (according to the 1.0. standard)
- Elaine Coxon – Diploma Grade 3 in 2015 (according to the 1.0. standard)
- Lucie Klaassen – Diploma Grade 2 in 2015 (according to the 1.0. standard)
- Marianne van de Sande Lee – Diploma Grade 2 in 2015 (according to the 1.0. standard)
- Natalie van der Meide – Diploma Grade 2 in 2015 (according to the 1.0. standard)
- Sandy Nye – Diploma Grade 1 in 2015 (according to the 1.0. standard)
- Karin Wåhlin – Diploma Grade 2 in 2015 (according to the 1.0. standard)
The official title ST Instructor® is reserved strictly for the licensed instructors mentioned in the list of “Licensed ST Instructors” as listed above.
For the difference between the 2.0 and the 1.0 standard, see FAQ 25 and 29 in the ST Evaluation FAQ.
** Dutch ‘Instructeurs Rechtrichten’
Between 2007 and 2015 our Dutch Instructor program has certified over 40 instructors in the Netherlands and Belgium. These instructors have been certified in the three training components longeing, work in hand and riding at the level of competence that was the standard in the year of graduation. These instructors will offer their own range of teachings – including the 3 training components longeing, work in hand, riding – under the umbrella of their own personal label. The official title ST Instructor® is reserved strictly for the licensed instructors mentioned in the list of “Licensed ST Instructors” as listed above.