In July 2020, four Scholars and STudents in the ST Academy from Denmark and the US passed a Touchstone in the ST Evaluation Program!
When we work with our horse, we make a representation of what’s going on.
We determine what things mean and often put a label on the situation and our horse:
- The weather is good / bad.
- The arena is okay / not okay.
- There are too many people / not enough people.
- Our horse is nice, not nice, energetic, lazy, cooperative, stubborn, willing, naughty, …
But all these statements are just an opinion.
‘Winners’ are horses that has succeeded in everything they have tried to do.
They succeeded in doing all the unwanted behavior you can imagine.
- Escaping from the field
- Chewing and ruining reins
- Pulling the longe line and break free
- Bucking or rearing to get rid of the rider
In ST, we consider those horses as ‘winners‘.