1.1. Website & other Social Media Platforms
- This website and blog is owned and operated by Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong®.
- Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong® owns and maintains this website and several social media platforms – such as Facebook (pages and groups), Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest – for your personal education and information.
- Please read these Terms of Condition carefully before using our social media.
- By using our social media you signify your consent to these Terms of Conditions.
- Your use of and browsing on our website and other social media is at your risk. Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong® is not liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your acces to, or use of the website.
- Online programs, Videos, ebooks, audio, photos and images are either the property of, or used with permission by Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong®.
- You may download material displayed on the website for non-commercial, home personal use only, provided you keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices.
- You may not, however, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way the contents of this website including the ebooks, text, images, audio and video for public or commercial purposes, without written permission from Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong®.
- Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong® does not warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on this website will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong®.
1.2. Accuracy of information
- Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong® uses reasonable efforts to publish accurate and up-to-date information.
- However, Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong® makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information.
- Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong® assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of this website or any other publications.
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, https://gdpr-info.eu) places new obligations on organizations that process personal data.
- All information provided by customers/clients/students is treated strictly confidential by Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong® and her staff.
- Please review our Disclaimer.
- Your use of and browsing in this website is at your risk.
- You may post reviews, comments, send communications and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information on our platforms, so long as none of these materials are illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing on intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and do not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.”
- You may not use a false email address, a fake account, impersonate anyone, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content.
- We reserve the right to remove or edit any such content.
- Any communication or material you transmit to our public websites and our social media will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary.
- Anything you transmit or post on our website and other social media platforms may be used by Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong® for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcasting and posting.
- Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong® is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the website or other social media for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to evaluating, critiquing, developing, publishing, and marketing products using such information.
1.6. Trademarks and logos
- The trademarks, and logos, displayed on the website, are trademarks of Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong®.
- trademarks an logos may not be used without the written permission of Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong®.
- Only licensed ST Instructors® are allowed to use Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong® logos, photographs, illustrations, graphic material, (trade) names and the intellectual property of Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong®. Non-licensed instructors (Graduates 2015* and Dutch ‘Instructors Rechtrichten’ 2007-2015**) are allowed to refer in their CV’s to their education and diplomas obtained by following Marijke de Jong’s teaching programs.
- It is not allowed to use an instructor or evaluator logo without a date (for example 2017).
- ST Mastery students have special permission to use the unique ST Mastery Student logo for personal, non-commercial use.
- With all logos it is not allowed to use other colors or to rotate the logo.
- It is not allowed to place a logo in a picture; not in print and not for digital use.
- Only Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong® is allowed to create ST Facebook Country Groups or other groups with a speciality related to Straightness Training.
- Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong® reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to change, modify, add or delete portions of these Terms & Conditions at any time without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these Terms & Conditions for any changes.
2. Promotion and links
- As of January 1, 2016, only instructors who are members of the ST Instructor Program and which are certified and licensed, are promoted on the websites and social media platforms of Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong®.
- This website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties other thanStraightness Training® – Marijke de Jong®, such as links of ST (Trainee) Instructors.
- Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
- You acknowledge that we are not responsible for examining or evaluating, and that we do not warrant the offerings of, any such third party or the content of their sites.
- We do not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, products, or content of any third party or any third party site.
- We reserve the right to disable links from or to third-party sites, although we are under no obligation to do so.
3. Agreements & Payments
3.1. Start and duration of agreements
- An agreement (participation in training courses, clinics, online programs etc.) is established at the time of the purchased service is paid by the customer or when the first term of the purchased service is paid.
- The specific agreement concerning the ST Instructor Program is concluded at the moment the signed registration has been submitted. An agreement is made for a certain time, as stated in the contract or payment plan.
3.2. Pricing and price changes
- Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong® uses prices that depend on the services and products.
- The price for the products is fixed at the start of the agreement. A payment plan can be selected for the programs of the ST Academy (the ST Mastery Class 2013-2020, and ST Instructor Program).
- The price for the Scholars membership is a monthly fee.
- Changes in the rate of VAT are always passed on to the customer.
- From time to time, Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong® may decide to change the prices for the programs and products to reflect any increase in costs.
- During discount promotions for certain subsets of existing customers we will inform these particular customers through mail and social media. However, it still will be possible to buy at regular prices for new customers at other internet outlets. If the existing customers nevertheless buys the regular price, without using the communicated discount option, than the customer loses his or her right on the discounted price. This is to prevent costly and timely manual transactions, communication and resetting of automated systems.
- A payment is made by transferring the amount of money for the product/service/program to a specific bank account of Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong®.
- The customer receives a receipt of the payment for their own administration.
- In not paying any predetermined payment, all login credentials for the relevant online program(s) will be withdrawn.
3.4. Cancellation by Straightness Training – Marijke de Jong
- Upon cancellation of the program via Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong®, in case there are not enough participants, or in case of illness, there will be a 100% refund of the total fee.
3.5. Cancellation policy for the customer
- See the specific cancellation policy for each specific product or service below.
- If a product or service offers the possibility for a refund, the refund will be done within 14 days after the request for a refund has been made and acknowledged.
4. Straightness Training Equipment
As of May 2019, all Straightness Training tack and equipment, can be obtained through www.kapsonequestrian.com.
5. ST Scholar Subscription Membership
5.1. Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Your initial membership payment for the first month is non-refundable once you access the membership site. Once this payment is processed, your subscription membership begins.
- The membership payment is automatically processed each month (30 days) thereafter until the membership is canceled.
- To cancel your membership, contact [email protected]
- If you want to cancel, you have to do it BEFORE THE 20TH OF THE MONTH – so that’s the 19th 23:59:59 at the latest at Lisbon Time.
- The membership and its privileges are personal and non transferable.
- By taking part in this ST Scholars Community, you agree to keep members’ information confidential.
- The ST Scholars Community is a social network in which personal information may be exchanged between participants. You are entirely responsible for deciding how much of your personal information you wish to share in the ST Scholars Community. Straightness Training – Marijke de Jong will not share, sell, or rent the personal information of its members to third-party businesses, however, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any of the information you choose to share in the ST Scholars Community.
- Virtual Private Coaching session(s) provided by the Straightness Training – Marijke de Jong in the ST Scholar membership is completely confidential.
5.3. Disclaimer & Liability
- The sole purpose of the ST Academy and its ST Scholars Program is to provide educational materials and coaching in the area of self-mastery and mastery of Straightness Training. Under no circumstances will Straightness Training – Marijke de Jong or any of its representatives be held liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, the improper use of, or the inability to use the information or strategies communicated to you through the ST Scholars Program.
- By participating in the ST Scholar Community you hereby waive and release the Straightness Training – Marijke de Jong to the full extent permitted by law from any and all claims relating to the use of and/or reliance on the information and content provided to you. In no event shall Straightness Training – Marijke de Jong be held liable for any injury, loss or damage resulting from the use of, or reliance upon, the ST Scholars Program materials.
- The ST Scholars Program does not guarantee results. Your results in your self-mastery and mastery of Straightness Training will be completely dependent on your understanding of the course materials and your effort to apply it.
- The ST Scholars Program is not a replacement for health/medical care. If you require health, medical, psychiatric, and/or psychological care, you are advised to retain the services of a licensed medical professional.
6. ST Mastery, Entry & Home Study Course
6.1. Cancellation & Refund Policy
- By using and/or purchasing any of our Training Programs, Products, and Services, you understand and agree that all sales are final after seven days and no refunds will be provided for any reason.
- If you bought the Mastery, Entry our Home Study Course separately from the Scholar Membership Programs and if for any reason you’re not 100% satisfied with the one of these courses, then the 7 Day Money Back Guarantee will come in to effect. This means: Straightness Training – Marijke de Jong will, upon request via [email protected], issue a refund that is requested within 7 days of purchase.
- Approved refunds can take up to 7 days to appear in your account – however, refunds to international payment methods may take longer.
- Refund requests and/or payment cancellations (in case of paying in part-payments), made significantly outside of the 14 day refund window are not eligible – no matter what circumstances.
- All refund requests are handled through [email protected].
- The courses and its privileges are personal and non transferable.
7. ST Evaluation & Touchstone policy
7.1. Free Touchstones
- If you have received a free Touchstone(s) in any program (Entry Course, ST Mastery Program, Restart Program, Rising Star Program, ST Instructor Program) these have to be considered as completely personal, so you cannot pass those Touchstone(s) which come with the program or course to somebody else.
- Once you have submitted your free Touchstone(s), you can continue with payed Touchstones.
- You can submit a maximum of 2 free Touchstones a month. It makes no sense to submit more than 2 a month, as the same mistake(s) will pop up in all your submitted Touchstones, so to not waste your Touchstones and our time, we need to address and improve topic at a time.
7.2. Payed Touchstones
- Payed Touchstones have to be considered as completely personal, and cannot be transfered to somebody else.
7.3. Submission policy
- The submission period for free and paid Touchstones is 12 months.
- After this 12 month period you no longer submit these free or paid Touchstones, no matter what the reason is that you didn’t submit them.
- There’s no possibility to extend the 12 month submission period, no matter what the reason is for the request for extension.
- After this 12 month period there will be no refund for non-submitted Touchstones.
8. ST Instructor Program
- To this agreement applies a cooling off period of 14 days.
- After these 14 days this agreement is effective during the term of the ST Instructor Program.
8.2. Cancellation Policy
- Upon cancellation a 5% fee of the total amount will apply and the remaining 95% refunded if the cancellation is more than one month before the start of the program.
- 10% fee of the total amount will apply and the remaining 90% refunded if the cancellation is within one month before the start of the program.
- Upon cancellation during the program no fee will be refunded.
8.4. Certification and Licensing
- To create a professional organization of ST Instructors and to protect the quality to make sure ST Instructors remain never-ending students, Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong® uses a license structure for all certified ST Instructors.
- The license agreement consists of clear agreements about the rights of an ST Instructor to receive support from Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong® on the area of the instructor’s own development in ST, teaching and marketing areas. In addition to these rights there is the obligation to continue to study and to maintain, broaden and deepen knowledge and skills by being a member of the Scholar Program and by taking an annual theory exam in December.
9. Straightness Training Live Events
9.1. Event policy
- Commercial and/or official ST gatherings like events, workshops, clinics, need to be held under supervision of a licensed ST Instructor® to ensure that quality standards are met, and to protect the purity of Marijke de Jong’s Straightness Training method for the benefit of the horse and rider.
- It’s not allowed to organize commercial and/or official gatherings in which approaches similar to Marijke de Jong’s Straightness Training are being practiced and taught, while using Marijke de Jong’s logos, trademarks, pictures, drawings and other visual expressions of the Straightness Training philosophy. It requires the presence of an official licensed ST Instructor® to do so.
- Private and non-commercial gatherings of enthusiastic ST lovers who are figuring out what ST can mean to them, are a sole responsibility of those who organize these gatherings.
- ST Demos with a horse on live happenings and events in front of an audience can only be given by an ST Instructors licence C.
- The licensed ST Instructors® listed on this website (see https://www.straightnesstraining.com/instructors/) are trained and licensed by Marijke de Jong. They are independent entrepreneurs with their own privately owned companies. These licensed ST Instructors® are a member of the Straightness Training Instructor Network (STIN) and work together to spread and develop ST around the world.
10. ST Clinics with Marijke de Jong
10.1. Rider and auditor requirements
- Riders and auditors will sign an entry form with medical history, liability and emergency contact. When completed, this form will be kept strict confidential and is regarding information for your general safety and/or in the event of an accident.
- In the event of a change in information right before the start of the clinic a new form will be completed, provided and signed.
- Participants understands that the organizers/instructors and location of hire cannot be held liable for any physical and material damage which is a direct or indirect result and/or a consequent of an accident during, before and after the event in question. This exclusion of liability covers/includes damage to the rider’s horse, participants/students and their horse, third parties and their horse, objects or building.
10.2. Horse requirements
- Stallions will only be accepted with prior agreement with Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong®.
- For ridden instruction, your horse must be started under saddle.
- If your horse has serious behavioural issues, please contact [email protected] prior to booking.
- The horse that you will use during the lessons does not have any serious behavioural problems that have not already discussed with Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong®.
- You are aware that activities involving horses can be dangerous and unpredictable and that you can be injured or killed. You accept all risks of personal injury, death or property damage (including to or by my horse) to yourself or caused to others.
- You hold third party liability insurance, or accept that you may be held personally responsible for injury or damage to other horses, people or property that is caused by myself or my horse.
10.3. Equipment requirements
- Riders must wear a BS approved helmet at all times when mounted. Helmets must comply with BS EN0384 or PAS015, be less than 5 years old from the date of manufacture, have not suffered a significant impact, and must have the chinstrap fastened.
- ppropriate riding shoes or boots must be worn at all times when mounted.
- Basic equipment of a cavesson, rein and dressage whip will be helpful, but are not necessary.
- For mounted lessons, a saddle, curb or snaffle bridle and bareback pad may be required.
10.4. Cancelation policy
- Upon cancellation of the event via Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong® there will be a 100% refund of the total fee.
- Upon cancellation of a rider and their participation a 30% fee of the total amount will apply and the remaining 70% refunded if the cancellation is before the event.
- Upon cancellation during the clinic no fee will be refunded.
- During the lessons it’s not allowed to take pictures or to record with a video camera for spectators.
- Riders are allowed to film their own lessons for private use. It’s not allowed to put the recordings on youtube or any other internet platforms.
- The rider grant Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong® the right and permission to take photographic pictures or videos of rider and horse and to use their name and to use, edit, exhibit and publish these pictures or videos on the ST websites and social media. The rider acknowledges that he/she has no interest, ownership or copyrights in any pictures or recording produced by Straightness Training® – Marijke de Jong®.
11. Support & ST Facebook Community
- Customer support is avalable via [email protected].
To support ST fans we have set up special ST Facebook Groups – which consists over 40 FB groups – to assist you with the first steps in Straightness Training. On a daily basis we receive many questions from riders from all over the world that would like to start with Straightness Training or have challenges with and questions about their horse and personal situation. Unfortunately Marijke de Jong cannot answer these questions personally anymore, because of the sheer number of them. Therefore we have set up ST Community on Facebook for You to assist you in your ST journey. You can find the ST Facebook Group of your country HERE >>
- For the same reason Marijke de Jong will neither open and reply to personal messages (PM) on Facebook nor direct messages (DM) on Instagram or Twitter.
- We reserve the right to remove any members without notice who repeatedly or severely do not comply with the ST Facebook Group Values & Policy, as we take our ST Facebook groups and the ST Community and its members very seriously.Violation of any value, guideline or policy is grounds for permanent or temporary suspension of a community member:
- We reserve the right to suspend membership to the ST FB Community for any member at its discretion.
- We reserve the right to deny any request for membership to the ST FB Community at its discretion.
If a member violates the ST Facebook Group Values & Policy and paid for one of our Online Programs, this member will remain to have access to those Online Programs, but will be removed from the ST FB Community without refund.
© 2019 – STRAIGHTNESS TRAINING – MARIJKE DE JONG