Horse’s emotions are about the feelings of the horse, they express how a horse feels.
The emotions and feelings of the horse can be either positive or negative, depending on the situation.
Positive feelings and emotions are:
- Feeling excited when you arrive, because he knows he will get a carrot;
- Feeling secure and safe;
- Feeling calm and relaxed;
- Feeling playful.
Negative feelings and emotions are:
- Feeling stressed;
- Feeling insecure and unsafe;
- Feeling frustrated, annoyed or irritated.
It’s very important for riders to understand equine emotions and how to bring a horse in a positive state with positive feelings.
Because only in a positive state a horse is able to learn and to cooperate with the rider.
If he is stressed he cannot learn, because he will be in a state of fear, and than he will use another part of his brain, instead of the part where the learning takes place.
3 Tips on How to Keep your Horse in a Positive State
Tip #1: Be a Leader for your Horse
When the horse perceives you as his leader, as his coach, he will follow your directions, he will respect you, trust you, feel safe and he will be docile, willing and accommodating.
Tip #2: Master Your Own Energy
Your horse is constantly observing you and reading your energy and emotions. And horses are often a reflection of their owners. So you have to be aware that your energy influences the horse and the way he behaves. Therefore you have to master your own emotions and energy, so you can always stay in a calm and positive state.
Tip #3: Inspire Your Horse
If your horse is interested in and inspired by you, if he’s motivated to work with you and if he’s attracted to you, you have more chances to get your horse in a positive state.
STart today: Sign up for free!
If you’d like to learn more about developing your horse’s mental state and get started with Straightness Training, then join my free 4 part Mini Mastery Course!
This is what you’ll discover:
- How to avoid the training pitfalls that I’ve fallen into, and almost every rider falls into, and which make training your horse ten times harder!
- How to teach your horse a new exercise in a horse-friendly and stress-free way.
- How to eliminate unnecessary stress, frustration, and disappointment, and fast-track your progression!
- Six simple keys to make horse training and riding easy, no matter what discipline you’re in, and no matter what breed or age!
This mini course really is worth watching – not only useful insights and tips, but also seeing the learning stages that both a less experienced and more experienced horse had to go through to achieve the desired results.
All 4 video clips are accompanied by easy to understand theory and explanations, which makes it easy to follow and the processes even more clear!
Plus, the downloadable manuals are very informative, useful and helpful!
So don’t miss out on it and join the course, it’s 100% free: