When you have problems or experience difficulties with your horse, we tend to questioning ourselves and our horses, for example:
- What’s wrong with me?
- What’s wrong with my horse!
- Why is this happening to me?
- What if I fail?
- What if I make a fool of myself?
When we ask ourselves these lousy questions, we will receive lousy answers, because of the saying: what you ask, you shall receive!
Your unconscious will be looking for answers what is wrong with you and why you are making a fool of myself.
So let’s start to ask better questions 😉 for example:
- What’s great about this problem?
- How can I turn things around?
- What’s the next step I need to take to change this?
- What am I willing to do to make it the way I want it?
- How can I learn from this problem, so that this never happens again?
As a result we will receive better answers!
My horse Maestro taught me to ask empowering questions in moments of crisis and it appeared to be a critical skill that pulled me through some tough times.
We all want to ride our horses, but it’s not always easy for our horse to carry us due to his natural asymmetry and physical imbalance.
So Maestro taught me to ask myself:
- How can I help my horse?
- What can I do for my horse?
- What’s the next step I need to take to help my horse?
- How can I guide him so he can carry me properly and in a comfortable way?
So he taught me: Not only ask what your horse can do for you, but ask what you can do for your horse!
And by asking the right questions, it brought me all the way up to Straightness Training!
Discover The Power Of Mindset
Since childhood, Yasmain and Yolain have been fascinated by horses. For 21 years, they had been twin sisters and best friends. They were identical in nearly every way. They had the same grades in school and wore the same clothes. They were both good riders and had great fun with horses.
At the age of 21, they were still similar in appearance and outlook, but then something changed…
- Physically seen, Yasmain’s weight is still the same as it was when she was 21. Yolain has gained 20 pounds in the past 10 years.
- Mentally seen, Yasmain sleeps well every night, while Yolain’s worrying keeps her awake.
- Energetically seen, Yasmain feels full of life, but Yolain is often very tired.
- Spiritually seen, Yasmain feels like she’s living a purposeful and fulfilled life, but Yolain is unhappy.
And they don’t see each other anymore ….
How could this happen?